Can a suicidal people go to heaven?

faith
Can a suicidal people go to heaven?
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007ff1e0f066b0>

Can suicidal action be forgiven?

No. suicide is same with murder. It’s big sin. If they didn’t know God before, they refused God’s salvation by this, that hasten their destruction. If they are Christians, I wonder they are true believers.

Sin is sin. There is no black nor white sin. There is no big sin or little sin. All sin is the same in Gods eyes

Did you hear of the preacher that stugged with depression and ended his life? I just seen the article. So true believers can and probably have done so. Depression is serious matter, and i am sure the devil has a hand In it as well. But even people loyal and true believes of god can still get taken over by such things. I dont think we can truly say who god will give grace and entry into heaven to. Yes it may be a big sin, but I don’t think all people who commit murder will go to hell, if they truly find god befor death, they may be given grace by god. For god loves all. So I would just say, it’s better to not do it, but we will not know till we ourselves get to heaven.

My pastor told me, suicidal people will go to hell directly. But, last week, a pastor suicide, this question comes out again… For the pastor, we need to pray for them and love them more. I think there are lot’s of people has the same confusion as me.

I don’t know. What I want to say is God is the only one who is to decide when and how a person should die. We should say with the psalmist, “My times are in your hands” (Psalm 31:15). God is the giver of life. He gives, and He takes away (Job 1:21). Suicide, the taking of one’s own life, is ungodly because it rejects God’s gift of life. No man or woman should presume to take God’s authority upon themselves to end his or her own life.

As long as you are still alive after the attempt you can get a second chance in this life. Anything could happen. You can repent and God will forgive. But if you succeed in killing yourself then you cannot change this afterwards and being cut off from life like that in a time when you would actually kill yourself would mean this pain will not go away after you die.

Don’t kill yourself. It is the end of any hope for a better life. Things will only get worse and stay like that in eternity. As long as you are alive there is a chance or hope for a change. Once dead, that is over.

We don’t have right to finish our life by ourself.

No. According to the Bible, suicide is sin, the people who kill themselves cannot go to heaven.

Where is is in the Bible?

As with suicide, sin is sin and the bible says that; for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God - Romans 3:23

Is murder a sin? Yes
Is suicide a sin? Yes
Is robbery a sin? Yes
Is adultery a sin? Yes

All these above are presumably “big” sins in the eyes of people but sin is sin and in God’s righteousness, there is no big or small sin.

Is a white lie a sin? - Yes!

The bible says “for the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord - Romans 6:23

So the next question is this, if you have received Jesus as your Lord and saviour, your sins are forgiven; past, present and future! No doubt suicide is a sin and a grave one indeed, but should you know of a loved one whom has taken his/her own life BUT is a believer, be assured of his/her salvation. Think of this analogy, if your future sins are not forgiven, does it mean that if a believer dies before confessing every sin before God, he goes to hell? Then you better confess every single sin if you believe in that and stay at home! Oh no even your thoughts could be sinful! No friend, the blood of Jesus cleanes you forever!

A good reference:

Now then, knowing fully that your sins are fogiven, past, present and future, does it mean that we can now lead a licentious lifestyle full of sin? Let us not be fools!

Romans 6:15-18

15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under the law but under grace? By no means!

16 Don’t you know that when you offer yourselves to someone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey—whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness?

17 But thanks be to God that, though you used to be slaves to sin, you have come to obey from your heart the pattern of teaching that has now claimed your allegiance.

18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.
———

I urge everyone reading this to read the book of Romans, especially Chapters 6 and 7.

Be blessed, His grace is sufficient for you, for his power is made perfect in your weakness!

I would like to know scriptures to back up your op too. Mainly because I believe it is one similar subject in scriptures, where Jesus was asked if John was perhaps going to continue living until end days. To which Jesus basically answered ‘What is it to you…if this is done or not?’. I believe it is one of those areas where we need to leave aline…in Gods Hands. There’s so much pain in family members left behind. I have known strong professing christians, who are too mentally ill to handle life…for one reason or another. I am not their judge. Neither is anyone else. God and God alone knows the heart of each person He created.

Why does different sin have different punishment in laws?

Great view. All sins are equal, yes some are by our standards, more sinful, but God is the judge on what is in your heart, and that is what let’s you into heaven

:raised_hands:t2: Awesome Biblical exposition of this answer!

This is an excellent response. Amen!

Only God knows, but I don’t think so. We should love ourselves lives.

A difficult question, I also say that only God knows… but God loves all the people and wants to save them.

We do not know it clearly, but we should not do it.

To take away others’ life is sin, and to give up our life by ourselves is also very sad. We should not judge others who killed themselves. We should not give up oursleves because God can work in every situation. If we give up ourselves, it means that we also give up God and His grace.

No. We should know and also let other people know clearly about this. We should not give up our life. It is from God and only God can have the authority to take it.