Can a suicidal people go to heaven?

faith
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fd515ea03c0>
Can a suicidal people go to heaven?

No. We should know and also let other people know clearly about this. We should not give up our life. It is from God and only God can have the authority to take it.

I don’t think so. Because, the owner is his life is not himself, but the Lord. So he doesn’t have the right to suicide.

be aware that people cannot commit suicide.
People do not have the right to end their lives. Suicide is also killing people. It is more evil than killing people. It is not in line with God’s mind.
Suicide can not be saved

These days, I am concerned about this topic a lot, because one of the young pastors in California committed suicide, probably in his own church. He has been recently suffering with depression. I sometimes wonder, how even his loving family and all church members could not notice earlier about the danger of his suicidal heart. It was really hard to blame only the metal problem, saying he still will be in heaven anyway. We never know…and no one could answer perfectly about who’s going to heaven or who’s going to hell. My concern is what if… I even don’t notice my friend or anyone around me is having a suicidal thought. So I pray that God may give us wisdom to recognize them and give the healing hands to them before the bad thing finally happens.

I totally agree with you. Speaking from my own life experiences, I have suffered many years of deep depression…and most recently high anxiety. I have never wanted to harm myself or anyone else. However, I have thought many times that I wished for the Lord to just take me home, to heaven. Because that’s how tremendous my pain was. So, I believe if any person is in so much pain that they cannot stand to live another day, I don’t know, only God does. However, I have known people who were absolutely saved, but the pain in their life was too much for them to handle. Can I judge them? Can anyone? No. God is the One and the only Judge. He knows the heart and mind of each person He created.

Mental Illness is not a sin. Our god is a forgiving god, nobody knows…If u havent had severe depression, you have no idea how it makes u feel and think

All who are saying suicide is unforgivable please sight your biblical source. In John 10:28 God says no one can pluck us from his hand…I believe no means NO. As in no one. Including yourself. People who are hurting commit suicide. If someone had accepted Jesus and fell on hard times that included him/her commuting suicide while it doesn’t solve anyone’s issue (truly only creates more hurt) I can not see where it’s an unforgivable sin. God is just and only he knows our hearts. If someone is is repentant and loves Jesus but has lost their way, I would think Jesus works that out with them.
The ONLY unforgivable sin is blaspheme of the Holy Spirit from the way the Word reads.

No one can pluck us out of His hand but we have a free will to turn away from a righteous and Holy life and fall away and live in sin again.

Luke_9:62 But Jesus said to him, “No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.”

God decides ,there is only one sin God won’t forgive and its not suicide .Rom 14:10 But you, why do you judge your brother? Or you again, why do you regard your brother with contempt? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of God.

I have to believe they do I have family members that have committed suicide and I believe they went to heaven because they were believers and confessed to God and asked for forgiveness before dying so I believe they are there waiting for me to come home

The only unpardonable sin is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit,

Amen. I totally agree with you and that’s what I wanted to post. We commit sin everyday but only though our faith in Jesus, we are totally forgiven.

I am afraid probably not. To be freed from pains or sufferings by committing suicide is the greatest lie from Satan!! Never believes or accepts, suicidal people won’t be going to heaven.

No.

Dear @Nayeli

There is only one sin that is not forgivable in the Bible. ONE. And it is not suicide.
It is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

Matthew 12:31 New International Version (NIV)
31 And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.

(If you are not sure what blasphemy against the Spirit is, read Matthew 12:1-30.)

There is one thing I would be concerned about only with suicide just as I would be concerned about it with any other death: that is, was that person saved?

And of course Christians can become overcome with depression, like anyone else. We have many more resources, but not being perfect in this life, some of us don’t have the ability to hang on or to find support. I would not automatically say - ever - that a saved Christian who got too depressed and attempted or succeeded at suicide somehow lost their salvation. For

Romans 8:38-39 New International Version (NIV)
38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

So, take heart. It is forgivable. And get help for the person who has come to this. Biblical counseling is better than regular Christian counseling, which in it’s turn is better than worldly counseling. But ANY counseling is better than none when it comes to something this serious.

If you DO NOT turn and repent and you kill yourself, then it is murder and no murderer ever got into heaven. To take a life is murder.

1John 3:15 Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

Rev 21:8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

Rev 22:15 But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.

Generally speaking, it’s hardly helpful to most who are suicidal to threaten with damnation and hell. It’s necessary for getting people ready for the Gospel. But one who has become so depressed they are suicidal will often take criticism as one more proof they SHOULD kill themselves. It’s important we do not become a part of the problem.

What I heard is “no”. I hope that those people could be reduced, so we need to spread the gospel faster.