How can I know God's will in my life?

faith
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fd514423830>
How can I know God's will in my life?

How can I know the will of God for my life? Yes. I am a Christian. But God’s plan and will regarding my future is very vague. How can I know for sure that something I do especially for my career is the will of God?

This is something I am also struggling with. However, I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel so I thought I would share it with you, and perhaps it will help.

First, we must have GOD our Savior FIRST in our lives. If we do, and we live a life that includes daily saturation in His Word and repentance daily for our sins, and we keep walking in The Way, The Truth and the Life (Jesus Christ) i.e. we delight in the Lord, then whatever our saved and cleansed hearts want to do, we should do. If we are convicted of sin on a regular basis (and repent) then what our hearts will desire to do will be good. However, for me, I needed even more than that. So I asked 3 sisters in Christ to give me feedback on what I have been doing (and I did this privately, of course) to see if perhaps I was not doing God’s will. I got answers from them in ways I did not expect. But it was very helpful in guiding me toward what I might do for the Kingdom of God.

These are also helpful to me:

Proverbs 16:3 (NIV)
3 Commit to the Lord whatever you do,
and he will establish your plans.

Matthew 6:31-33 ESV
Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

Proverbs 3:6 (NIV)
“…in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.”

Never be afraid to go to the Bible for help with any problem in life you have. Praying God will guide you and draw you to Himself in your search.

Hi @Sophia, I came back with more to add, feeling that my answer was somewhat helpful but perhaps not as helpful as it could be.

See this: How Can I know God’s will for my life? from gotquestions dot org. This is a really full explanation! God bless!