If God is omniscient, then why does He test people?

faith
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fd511eb5918>
If God is omniscient, then why does He test people?

There are instances in the Bible where God tests people. For instance in Genesis 22:1 it says God tested Abraham. In John 6:6, it says Jesus knows what he is going to do but he is testing Philip. If God is omniscient, then why does He test people?

I think God tests man not because he is not omniscient, but because we are not omniscient. God understands the things that we don’t necessarily understand. God enables us to understand his will, his love through the process and results of his experiments .Take, for example, the sacrifice of Abraham:

1, Help Abraham build up unconditional faith.
Abraham could not explain God’s request, but he believed that Isaac was come from God’s promise. Abraham believed that God could give Isaac to him and Sarah when they could not have children, and also God could raise Isaac from the dead. "By faith Abraham, when God tested him, offered Isaac as a sacrifice. He who had received the promises was about to sacrifice his one and only son,even though God had said to him, "It is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned.“Abraham reasoned that God could raise the dead, and figuratively speaking, he did receive Isaac back from death”. Hebrew11:17-19

1. Abraham himself experienced God’s preparation by experiment
    After Abraham had experienced this test, he experienced" The LORD Will Provide";His knowledge and trust in God went further.

3, Because Abraham was a friend of god and could experience God’s feelings
In the bible, only Abraham is called a friend of God (James 2:23).God had said, “shall I hide from Abraham what I am about to do?”(Genesis 18:17) God would give the Only Son to sacrifice for sinners, so he used the offering of Isaac to let Abraham experience his feelings and show him his plan for redemption. As Jesus said to his disciples, “no longer will I call you servants, because a servant does not know what his master is doing. Instead, I call you friends” (John 15:15).

4, God, through Abraham, communicated the right way to sacrifice
Now in the days of Abraham many nations around him worshipped idols, and gave their children to idols.The gentiles do it like this because they are deceived by satan.The purpose of God’s sacrifice was to tell the world that God did not abandon human beings because of their SINS, but was willing to bear the punishment for their SINS.The sacrifice is a reminder that there will be a savior who will take the burden of their sin and bring their eyes to a redeemer.

God does not test people. People has sin, so they always face many temptation. But God wants them to overcome.