Is watching horror movies bad for Christians?

Is watching horror movies bad for Christians?

Before, I admit that i love watching horror movies. I love the thrill of watching every horror movie. I don’t know why. I can even do marathons of it.

But as I grew deeper to God I found out that it might affect me. But should i quit watching it? I tend to look for one movie at once. What do you say?

If you have a clear mind and feel that you can manage it its not a problem I think :slight_smile:

Oh i see. How about you @Christina-Sharon do you often watch horror movies

This is interesting. My son adored horror movies. They were his favorites.
Then he was saved.
He commented to me the other day, with no little amount of consternation, that he can no longer watch horror movies. After asking some questions, it is not a matter of “should not” it is truly a matter of “can not”. The Holy Spirit inside him makes him not wish to watch them anymore.

I would say that you should continue reading God’s Word and searching out His will. Ask that He show you what is good and what is bad for you to do in your life. Be sure your conscience is not being “pricked” or bothered, even a little. If you go against your conscience, you are searing it, and deafening yourself to God’s Holy Spirit.

I have also had this happen to me after “growing deeper to God” as you put it. The more I learn of Him, the more I long to obey Him, the less interest I have in the worldly things I used to glory in. For instance, I was a huge TWD (The Walking Dead) fan prior to salvation. Now it isn’t that I should not watch it, it’s that I do not WANT to watch it. See the difference? When I ignore my conscience, a dullness comes over me toward God, life and everything in general. When I repent and listen to my conscience I find I am alive again to God and the Holy Spirit and what God’s will is in my life. I’m not as concerned about the letter of the law as the spirit of it. Of course, we cannot find “horror movies” or “science fiction” (another of my old loves) in the Bible. Therefore, use a general rule of thumb:

“Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.” - Philippians 4:8

I pray that the LORD will lead you ever more deeply into His Word to sanctify your life according to His wishes.